In the spirit of Valentines day, which is right around the corner, I am listing some of the cutest valentine ideas I’ve seen this year. These would also be perfect for your child’s Valentines Day treats for school!
You’re one in a “Minion”!
Why not go healthy with fruity valentine messages?
Burt’s Bees Valentine! Everyone loves chapstick, right?
Glow stick valentine.
Have some leftover toilet paper rolls try this idea.
Another glow stick idea for those Star Wars fans.
You’re out of this world Valentine!
Tic Tac Toe.
Our class would knot be the same without you! Friendship bracelet valentine.
Think twice when you cuddle up to your significant other by the fireplace this Valentine’s Day. According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, fireplace and chimneys cause more than 25,000 house fires every year, resulting in at least 10 deaths annually. Hazards of fireplace operations include:
– Chimney fires
– Harmful particles in smoke
– CO2 seeping into the house
– Sparks setting fire to rugs or furniture
– flammable materials placed too close to the fireplace
Routine maintenance and careful use of the fireplace can decrease these dangers and allow you to use your fireplace in safer conditions. (NOTE: More about fireplace cleaning and maintenance tips next week)
More ways you can lower your risk when using your fireplace is to:
– Have a spark arrester installed at the top of the flue guard against roof fires
– Have a fire extinguisher near by
– Place smoke detectors on every level of your home
– Install a carbon monoxide detector
– Keep all combustibles a safe distance away from the fireplace
– Prevent sparks by using a fire screen
Happy Valentine’s Day!