These Fumes Could Be Deadly

Making the switch from cooling to heating creates cozy environments inside for chilly temps outside.  This change could also create a very serious problem that you can’t hear, see smell or taste.  And it answers to the description “invisible killer.”

No, this is not a crime drama to stream for entertainment.  It’s a poisonous and deadly gas that can stream into your home through faulty heating equipment.

Carbon monoxide (CO) – a colorless, odorless, poisonous gas – is the cause of hundreds of deaths each year in the United States.  It’s found in fumes whenever fuel is burned in cars or trucks, generators, stoves, gas ranges or furnaces.  If the equipment is incorrectly vented, improperly used or in need of repair, CO can build up indoors and poison people and pets.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission offers several recommendations in order to keep your home safe from potential carbon monoxide poisoning.  These directions included:

  • Have your home heating systems inspected and serviced annually by a trained service technician.  Ask us about our Maintenance Agreement program to save time, money and peace of mind.
  • Never use portable generators inside home or garages, even if doors and windows are open.
  • Don’t use a charcoal grill inside the house or in the garage.
  • Install CO alarms near sleeping areas in your home.
  • If you suspect CO poisoning, get outside to fresh air immediately, then call 911.  Symptoms include: headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness and confusion.CO Detector

3 thoughts on “These Fumes Could Be Deadly

  1. Reblogged this on Mike's Heating & Cooling and commented:
    A great reminder…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s