- Cut down on energy leaks. This includes turning off lights and unplugging electronics when not in use.
- Use heavy drapes and blinds. Stopping the sun shining into windows cuts down on cooling costs.
- Keep your house warmer when you are away, and lower the thermostat to 78°F (26°C) only when you need cooling.*
- Keep your cooling system well maintained. Dirty A/C filter block airflow and make units work less efficiently.
- Consider a high-efficiency air conditioner that can make you eligible for utility rebates