We saw this in our Taste of Homes: 2001 Quick Cooking Annual Recipes cookbook. This is a creamy and satisfying dessert with a punch of lime.
- 1-1/2 cups crushed graham crackers (about 24 squares)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup better or margarine, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
Combine the first three ingredients; set aside 2 tablespoons for topping. Press remaining crumbs onto the bottom of an un-greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish; set aside.
In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; cool. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add vanilla; mix well. Slowly add gelatin until combined. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
Yield: 12-15 servings