- Curb your cooling costs: Close your closet doors. By reducing the amount of square footage that has to be cooled, you can save on your energy bill.
- Consumer electronics continue to draw power even when they are switched off, adding up to about $200 in yearly energy costs. Advanced power strips can significantly reduce these costs.
- A dirty AC filter is the #1 reason for HVAC system failure. Be sure to change or clean your filter every 60-90 days to avoid your system failing and to save energy.
- A house that is 30% more energy efficient can save up to $20,000 in utilities over the life of a mortgage. A home energy audit is the first step to improving your home’s energy efficiency.
- Highly reflective blinds can reduce heat gain by around 45% when closed.