If you are around the Lincoln, Nebraska area you will probably know what I’m talking about when I say that Grisanti’s Tomato Tortellini Soup is like heaven in a bowl…okay maybe I’m exaggerating a bit, but it is really good. If you’re wanting to try a creamy tomato soup this is the one for you and the best part is you’ll probably have leftovers! …Or maybe not because it’s so delicious.
Tomato Tortellini Soup
- 1 package (9 ounces) cheese tortellini
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese to top with, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the soup, broth, milk, cream,tomatoes and seasonings. Heat through, stirring frequently. Drain tortellini; carefully add to soup. Stir in cheese. Sprinkle each serving with additional cheese if desired.
- Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2quarts).