Just turn on the system and listen for unusual sounds while feeling how cool the air is and how strong the air flow is from the vents. Don’t just listen inside the house–go outside and listen to the condensing unit, too. This personal inspection is a good indicator, but like buying a car, the best way is to then hire an expert–a contractor–to come out and inspect the system. It won’t cost much, and it could save you lots of money in unanticipated repairs.
Reasons to maintain your HVAC equipment on a regular basis.
1. Fewer breakdowns
2. Equipment longevity
3. Lower operating costs
4. Better IAQ
5. Written documentation
6. Equipment efficiency
Often it is fairly simple, particularly if the older home as existing duct work or plenty of room for adding duct work. Homes without air conditioning ducts can consider nonducted systems which also provide the advantage of cooling only selected areas very effectively (in a minisplit system). Another important consideration is how well the older home is sealed and insulated.
Manufacturers publish equipment efficiency ratings which are available to your contractor. ARI also publishes directories indicating various energy efficiency ratings of specific equipment. It is important that a contractor install a unit that has just the right capacity to cool your home. Units with excess capacity will cycle on and off and work less efficiently, thus increasing your operating costs.
If you are around the Lincoln, Nebraska area you will probably know what I’m talking about when I say that Grisanti’s Tomato Tortellini Soup is like heaven in a bowl…okay maybe I’m exaggerating a bit, but it is really good. If you’re wanting to try a creamy tomato soup this is the one for you and the best part is you’ll probably have leftovers! …Or maybe not because it’s so delicious.
Tomato Tortellini Soup
- 1 package (9 ounces) cheese tortellini
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese to top with, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the soup, broth, milk, cream,tomatoes and seasonings. Heat through, stirring frequently. Drain tortellini; carefully add to soup. Stir in cheese. Sprinkle each serving with additional cheese if desired.
- Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2quarts).
The best system depends on many variables, including family size, house location and design, and utility cost and availability. The optimum indoor comfort system might include high-efficiency central air conditioning and heating, a high-efficiency air cleaner, and a central humidifier.
Have a great 4th of July & Summer!
Please fill out the application and turn back into J & R Heating & A/C if interested.
Employment Application Here