Interior decorators aren’t magicians and it doesn’t take fairy dust to get fantastic results in a room. So, put down the wand and check out these hot tips and learn how to decorate a room:
Unify Your Style
– By committing to a single style, you simplify and narrow the variety of options.
– Decorators try to commit to a style that unifies the ‘Big Five’: rug, sofa, window treatments, side chairs, and coffee table.
– You can avoid complete uniformity with wall art and room accessories. The choices are endless.
Three is the Magic Number
– Create a three-color palette: two main colors and one accent color that either calms or livens up the others.
– While paint is the palette’s basis, upholstery and rugs can bring the palette to life