This is one of my favorite spring recipes. It’s perfect for pot lucks or outdoor picnics in the summer time. Enjoy!
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 bunch fresh basil (if don’t have fresh, dried will work fine)
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese – monterey jack, cheddar, and mozzarella are best (optional)
Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add linguine and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, make the pesto by combining basil, walnuts, avocados, lemon juice, garlic, and oil in a food processor. Process until smooth. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Toss pasta with pesto. Top pasta with sun-dried tomatoes and cheese for additional flavor.