1) Set back your thermostat. Don’t set the thermostat more than 5 degrees cooler than the ‘normal’ rating when you’re away because of the amount of energy you’ll need to heat it back up. Call us to get a programmable thermostat that’ll adjust the temperature while you’re away or sleeping.
2) Clean warm air registers, baseboard heaters, and/or radiators. Make sure that carpeting, furniture or draperies are not blocking them.
3) Get up heating Tune-Up! This can save money, spot a danger, and make you more comfortable. What else could you want? Call us today.
4) Have your ductwork checked for leaks. If you’ve got split or leaky ductwork, this can save you a bundle! You should keep all the warm air you’re paying for! Call us to help.
5) Change your return air filters. This is so simple, we’re going to be mad at you if you don’t do it monthly accordingly to the manual! Or call us with your filter size and we’ll provide one with a Tune-Up.
6) Consider storm windows or more efficient windows. Although sometimes expensive, these can pay for themselves.
7) Lower your dishwasher and washing machine temperatures. They use hot water from your house supply and drain it in a hurry! That’s much more costly in cold weather.